This is a photo of one of the Tower Blocks, Stratford and Newtown Points being blown up in Stratford in 1981, built in 1964 condemned in 1978, the tower block once housed 80 families until they were moved out when structural faults were found. Photo By Poppy Show
Houses erected under West Ham Council's Slum Clearance Scheme.
In 1897 the Woodgrange Estate celebrated its 20th anniversary in, here is a report from the Forest Gate Weekly News, 9th April that year.
Typical older mid-terrace house once found in many parts of West Ham.
This pair of houses in Park Road are called Isabella Villas and the tablet bears the date 1880.
Late Victorian terraced housing in Bisson Road, Stratford.
Another view of houses in Claypole Road. These bear a tablet in the gable end naming them as King George Terrace - 1911. Note the gas lamp on the street corner.
Neat terrace of houses in Claypole Road, Stratford. The buiding in the far left of the photograph is the old Abbey Lane School.
In the Streets of Cyprus-on-Thames.
The original building was opened in 1921 by Will Thorne, M.P. before King George V and Queen Mary. It cost about £100,000 and included a theatre, swimming-bath, gymnasium, and sports ground, it was very successful until the Second World War. It was closed and sold in 1956. In the 1970s it was being part used as offices. The interior and rear has now (2010) been demolished, the facade restored and modernized, the building rebuilt and converted into one and two bedroom apartments. See old photo titled, Y.M.C.A. & Red Triangle Club, in Plaistow E13, on this site.