This photograph, taken in the 1920s shows one one of the Corporation's four-wheel trams "at rest" on Aldersbrook Road, just past the City of London cemetary. The tram sports the Borough coat of arms on the waiste board. Originally, the tram tracks went about 20 feet further along the road, but the section was eventually abandoned.
Model of West Ham Tram Car No. 119, on the Wanstead Flats to Canning Town route.
This scale model is of a Standard Four Wheel, single truck, double deck, covered top tramcar, constructed in the works of West Ham Corporation's Tramways, Greengate Street, Plaistow. It was exhibited as a working model at the Wembley Exhibition, 1924 and the Model Engineer Exhibition in 1938. It had also been on static display at the Science Museum, South Kensington and for many years at the former Old Station Museum at North Woolwich. A full size West Ham tram can be seen at the London Transport Museum, Covent Garden.
(Image:© Michael Booth)
Route map of West Ham Corporation trams dated 1925. It gives the fares for the various distances expressed in route miles and yards travelled.
Electric Tramcar 260, opposite St Johns Church Stratford Broadway, destination East Ham Town Hall, via Portway, Plashet Road and Plashet Grove.
Tram No 291 at rest in Stratford waiting its next turn of duty. Route 1A will take it from Stratford Broadway along Portway, Plashet Road and Green Street, terminating at the Boleyn.
County Borough of West Ham Tramways Department - Souvenir Brochure of the formal opening of the new tramways offices and depot in Grengate Street, Plaistow on 25th October, 1906.
West Ham Corporation built its new tram shed in Greengate Street, opened in 1906.
East Ham Council ran its own trams.
Early four wheel open-top tram.