From the way the people are dressed this is a very early photo of the station
Newham Heritage & Archives (Stratford)
Street-level photo taken from Woodgrange Road in May 1967, before the station was rationalized and the booking hall replaced. The wooden structures were painted BR green and cream. It is now an unstaffed station, with a set of steel stairs to platform level. None of the original structures exist.
From Newham Heritage & Archives collection (Stratford)
The L.N.E.R.Station (south side) also Goods and Coal depot was on the High Street between Bridge Street & Burford Road. The offices of C.W.Tanner and Cornwalls Coal Merchants can be seen to the right of the station, and the Boro printing and bag works on the corner of Burford Road. There is a sign pointing down Burford Road that says L.N.E.R. fruit & Veg market 200yds. To the left of the station is the Rex cinema. Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 29/3/10 AI-39
Souvenir replica nameplate made for the 315 electric multiple units that used to work the North Woolwich Branch.
Looking towards from Upper Road, before construction of Tramway track 1903. "Phillips" Coach, Tyre & Spring Smiths on the right.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 8/1/10 -10
Opened in 1847 as Stratford Bridge Station but was rebuilt and renamed in 1860 as Stratford Market Station.
This is the section of the station which is currently being rebuilt to allow the Dockland Light Railway extension from Canning Town to Stratford.
This station for many years have confused Football fans who got off here for the Football only to find that they should have been at Upton Park Station!
A photograph of the Station in 2008, which replaced the old shops in the Black & White Photo.
The DLR station is currently being built on the low level section of the station and should open in 2012.
Note West Ham Station should not be confused with West Ham Central Station which was on a totally differant railway system.
West Ham Central was a part of the Beckton Railway which went to the Beckton Gas works. The station would have been in the area of what is now the Beckton District Park
The station of many changes.