Posted by: Robert Rogers
The Christian Unitarian Church was built in West Ham Lane, E.15 in 1869.
In 1885 a hall was added and in 1910 other rooms. London Unitarians including the Durning –Lawrence family gave finical aid. From 1912 to 1933 members of the Pioneer Preachers served the church. It was bombed in 1940 and was not used again until rebuilt in 1946.
In 2007 it, along with the 19th century houses and shops were demolished to make room for a multi story office block for a local Housing Association. In 2008 a brand new Church was opened on the same site. The photo show both the old & the new Church.