Class IV, 1918. Napier Road board school East Ham, was opened in 1902. It was reorganized in 1927 for senior boys, junior boys, and infants, in 1945 for secondary (modern) boys and infants, and in 1953 for junior mixed and infants, the secondary school being transferred to the new Thomas Lethaby building. This school is now Nelson junior school.
(This photo is presumed to be Napier Road School East Ham but there was also a Napier Road School West Ham)