This local seedsman mainly specialised in vegetables. Hunts' were located in East Ham, Manor Park, Stratford, and elsewhere.
187 Romford Road Stratford, was occupied by West Ham Juvenile Employment Committee and Local Old Age Person Committee. This photo of the garden taken looking NNW.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 29/3/10 U15
187 Romford Road Stratford, was occupied by West Ham Juvenile Employment Committee and Local Old Age Person Committee. This photo is of the rear of the building.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 29/3/10 U14
Entrance doorway to 84 romford Road Stratford. This Building was demolished when the first West Ham Electricity showroom and depot were built. The second suite of the West Ham Council Electricity Department Offices and Showrooms in Romford Road Stratford, opened in 1930, replacing the earlier 1920s premises. This building, on the corner of Vicarage Lane was transferred to the London Electricity Board when the industry was nationalised in 1948. In the late 1990s they were converted into flats.
Photo: Newham Heritage & Archives
Opening of the Theatre Royal
Miss F.M. Rogers of 33 Carnarvon Road gave dancing lessons at home and at Wanstead Slip Conservative Club.
The junction of Angel Lane and The Broadway. The Angel public house was on the corner at 30 The Broadway, it was later replaced by John Collier's the tailors shop. On the opposite corner was Barclays Bank. Angel Lane was a bustling street market but was demolished to make way for Stratford Mall Shopping Centre.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 29/3/10 K12
A medieval bridge (probably of the late 14th century), now much widened, which carries the High Street over the Channelsea River. View from the North.
30 Romford Road, Stratford, when Messrs. Athur Webb the builders occupied the building, In this photo at the front of the building you can see the small extention used as an Undertakers and a small garden. Next door at 32 was Henry Lowe Heating engineers/dry cleaning and dyeing with a For Let sign on building.
The L.N.E.R.Station (south side) also Goods and Coal depot was on the High Street between Bridge Street & Burford Road. The offices of C.W.Tanner and Cornwalls Coal Merchants can be seen to the right of the station, and the Boro printing and bag works on the corner of Burford Road. There is a sign pointing down Burford Road that says L.N.E.R. fruit & Veg market 200yds. To the left of the station is the Rex cinema. Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 29/3/10 AI-39