Another view of houses in Claypole Road. These bear a tablet in the gable end naming them as King George Terrace - 1911. Note the gas lamp on the street corner.
This faded brown and white photograph dates from the late 1890s Small Lock-up shops and costermongers barrows seen here in the late 1890s. The terrace was rebuilt in March 1913.
This compact little battery-powered tower vehicle was used by West Ham Council's Electricity Department for the maintenance of street lighting. The tower was raised and lowered by a pulley mechanism. This photograph was taken in Vicarage Lane, Stratford, outside the offices of the Elecricity Department.