189 was Simkins & Son Grocer. 191 was C. Selbey & Son Undertakers. 193 a shoe repairer. 195 a Confectioners, and then on the corner of Livingstone Road, was The Two Brewers public house.
Newham Heritage & Archive Ref AI-18
Photo of Stratford High Street corner of Union Road, showing The Greengate public house (closed 1997 now demolished) and Charles Deason & Son Timber Merchants. Behind the timber merchants is an electricity sub-station.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref AI-9
At no33 High Street Stratford (south side), was The Sea Serpent/Yorkshire Grey public house, run by Sam Smith, this pub had been run by the smith family since 1896, also shown no35 a small shop.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref AI-3
Poster for the Grand Masquerade, Fancy Dress Ball and Garden Party. Held on Thursday July 22nd 1886 in North Woolwich Gardens. Admission one shilling.
Pier Road steet-scene looking northwards towards Albert Road. This snapshot depicts a moment on 6th October, 1966.
Buildings in Stratford Broadway in 1904. No33 was The Tramway Dining Rooms run by J. W. Cousens, No35 was C. F. Woodman Auctioneers, and No37 was Mr. Cowles Dentist.
Jubilee tavern stood in North Woolwich Road, West Silvertown. It was owned by Taylor Walker & Co. Ltd.
The Queens Head and Swan Hotel photo taken in February in 1925 from West Ham Lane. Between the two are C. A. Pratt the Chemist who also had an entrance in Tramway Avenue, and "The May Tree" tea shop.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref B-39