The decade 1904 to 1914 was one of advance in electricity supply, which saw West Ham rank amongst the biggest Municipal undertakings in the country.
Rapid increase in the demand for electricity in West Ham meant the Council had to expand its generating capacity several times.
The first electricity supply was switched on February 14th 1895, from a generator at Canning Town Public Hall.
Roads were essential to good communication throughout the Roman Empire. This diagram is a section through the Roman Road that once lead from London to Colchester, showing how it was constructed. Much of modern-day Romford Road lies above the road.
Foundation Stone of the new bridge, erected in 1933 and named after Thomas Groves, Mayor of West Ham at the time of opening.