This was the site of a church in 1895, and an institute in 1914. In 1925 the iron hall was gutted by fire. Its site was sold to the East Ham borough council for a chest clinic. The building was refurbished and opened as Katherine Road Community Centre in 2001.
By Kathy Taylor
The Sir Henry Tate (in Memoriam) Nurses’ Home is situated at Silvertown (East). It is the gift of Lady Tate to the district, being one of the many public gifts which she has recently made.