Season 1927-28 Football team.
Back row: A.Bowles, H.Head, C.Yates, C.Nash, C.Miller.
Second row: G.Barnett, G.Scales, E.Selwyn, A.Foss, F.Holton, W.Ford, T.Hopkins, W.Daley (Trainer).
Front row: E.J.C.Bowmaker, W.Seifers, W.Curley (Captain), J.Whyte,Esq.(President), H.Sharp, W.Markham, J.Gallagher.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref 8/1/10 -01a
This was the last dock to be built in Silvertown, and was capable of handling ships of 35,000 tons. (The Mauretania berthed here in 1935). The Royal Yacht Britannia is entering under the bascule bridge for the opening ceremony in 1921.
The Siggers were originally from the Suffolk area. David (known as Charlie) and Caroline (Carrie) here photographed in 1925, when David was 77 years old and Olive aged 70. Mr Siggers had sold fruit and vegetables from a horse and cart. The family lived at 47 Stanley Road, West Ham. Census details show David as a miller at Du Barry's at the1881; a coal dealer in 1891 and a general labourer in 1901. They had two sons: George and William Richard (who is also on the website)