By Jene Langley 1990.
North Woolwich Station, was built in 1854 to serve the docks, industry, local population and visitors to North Woolwich Gardens.Constructed of red-brick with stucco quoins, pilasters and ballustrade. It was closed in 1970, and was restored and opened as a museum displaying material relating to the Great Eastern Railway in 1984. The Museum is now closed and awaiting a new use.
Part of the Newham Heritage & Archives collection
No 20 Tram to Royal Albert Dock approaching East Ham station in 1905. The station was newly-rebuilt the previous year.