These cottages were the original and shortlived Gallions station. The station, adjacent to Gallions Hotel, opened in the autumn of 1880 and was resited 275 yards further east in December 1886, after which the station building was converted into cottages.
Essex Lodge, Greengate Street, Plaistow, a gabled cottage in the typical Tudor style of c1840. It incorporates a shell hood over the front door and outer gates from Essex House which was demolished in 1836. It is now used as a doctors surgery.
Sketch of Essex lodge, Greengate Street, Plaistow, a gabled cottage in the typical Tudor style of c1840.