Class of Clark's High School for girls in 1910.
In 1904 there were 13 private schools in West Ham classed as Secondary this included Forest Gate collegiate school for girls, Romford Road, founded in 1874.
Later this was taken over by Clark's (Private) High Schools For Girls, and a Kindergarten & Preparatory Class for Little Boys.
In 1918 it was one of 11 private schools in the borough recognized by the Board of Education. This building was demolished in 1935. By 1939 hardly any private schools survived, but in 1941 Clark's were still in Romford Road Forest Gate, but at no328, the Principal at this time was Ernest G.V. Clark.
Photo: Kathy Taylor