Painting by R. Wyatt 1959
It shows the second bandstand which replaced the original ornate cast iron bandstand sometime before WWII, this later bandstand was in the circle of trees on the lawn. It was removed in 1970s. The Town hall can be seen in the distance. The block of flats is Doran Court, built in 1958 not long before the date of this painting. On the site of a wood turning / furniture factory which burnt down a few years before. It is named after an East Ham (later Newham) councillor. He also had Doran Walk, on the Carpenters Estate, Stratford named after him.
Part of the Newham Heritage & Archive collection