At the Western extremity of Romford Road Stratford, was Young & Marten Ltd builders merchants and manufacturer of joinery and leaded light windows. It was founded in 1872 by William Young, who was later joined by H. H. Marten. The firm once had an engineering department notable for its manufacture of the "Hue" fire grate. They also had branches at Brentford, Leytonstone, Walthamstow and Southend On Sea, as diplayed above there shop window.
Newham Heritage & Archives Ref U-24